Sunday, October 31, 2010

Competition

9:45 PM

Competition

I was sitting at Daund platform which somewhat half and hour from Pune. Something interesting began to happen. I must admit, I like the activities happening on a typical railway platform. I use to sit back and observe people around.

This guy was selling wada pav and biryani on this morning. His clean and organized stall was the first thing that caught my eye. Even two out of four wheels of his cart were brand new :)
He was standing straight and active, looking into the eyes of people crossing by. He had shining brand be new and clean aluminum foil bowls to serve hot biryani. Few of them displayed in front. He gave me an impression that he was determined to do well in his small business.

I like the way he stood in front of a shop, which was way bigger than his small stall and sold many eateries including wada pav and biryani. He looked confident of selling his stuff. I sat there for around 30-35 minutes. People came they surely noticed his stall, gave a good glance to his eateries but chose to buy from his established competitor. He never looked bother as I observed 9 out of 10 chose to buy from big shop. From his body language and mannerisms, he never looked intimidated from competition. He has an attitude to make him successful. May be next time if I may happen to visit daund, he may be having his own shop... you never know !

Update : Daund Railway Station is famous for its tasty biryani, which I was not aware of.

Shot Info :
Daund Railway Platform, Maharashtra, India
50mm, 1/20 sec at f/6.3, ISO-200


Facebook ~ Portfolio

Written by

Started this as a photoblog initially but now using it as a blog to share my thought and experiences.

0 comments:

 

© 2015 Blog By Navdeep Soni. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top